Friday, September 3, 2010

First Post...always intimidating!

The title of this post says it all. The first post sets the tone for the entire blog and that's definitely intimidating. I started this blog to coincide with a new avenue in my life. I give in. I am submitting to my crafty side. I've fought my creativity for too long with bland and mundane undertakings and my inner spark has fizzled--but no longer! I am turning over a new leaf!

I signed up for a digital photography class that begins at the end of this month. I've had a digital camera and dabbled in photoshop for awhile but all at a very amateur level. I am also saving up to purchase the necessary equipment to begin metal stamping jewelry and jewelry creation. The past few weeks I've dusted off my sewing machine and finished several projects I've been meaning to start for months now. I am pretty pleased with how they have turned out and I intend to post pictures. I want to create a log of all the projects I do and hopefully put up some of them on etsy and see if anyone else enjoys them as much as I do.

This blog is also an outgrowth of my new adventure and my new "leaf" so to speak. If you're curious as to the name...I'm just a midwestern girl who fell in love with and married her high school sweetheart right out of college. Fast forward a few years and we are living the military life never letting the dust settle before packing up and moving again. I've learned a lot, experienced life and gained inspiration in different parts of the United States as we move--hither, thither, and yon!

1 comment:

  1. hooray!

    metal stamping sounds awesome! i would love to dabble in that! however, i have too many projects started (and not finished)... so i'll have to see what you come up with when the time comes and live through you! haha

    ReplyDelete